We’re deeply committed to setting high safety standards for your trip to Coconut Cottage, facilitating your travel authorization to Jamaica, and ensuring a safe and pleasant stay with us in Montego Bay.
The Ministry of Health in Jamaica requires that anyone traveling from a designated hot spot take a COVID-19 test within 10 days of flying to the island. We are offering our guests a concierge service ($130/person), to help secure the timely COVID-19 testing required to enter Jamaica.
COVID-19 Concierge Service
As part of this concierge service, we are happy to take care of the mandatory travel authorization process for you and your guests to ensure a stress-free trip to Coconut Cottage. We use the following timeline to complete this service:
Day of Booking: We will reach out to you to collect information needed to arrange your COVID-19 test and authorize your travel.
Day 11: An oral self-swab COVID-19 test kit will be couriered overnight to you and your guests from Omnia Diagnostics, a state-of-the-art CLIA certified and CAP accredited lab in New Jersey.
Day 10: You and your guests complete a telehealth self-guided swab test and return the kit using the prepaid Fed Ex Express envelope that was delivered with your test kit.
Day 8: Omnia Diagnostics runs your lab work and sends results to our concierge.
Day 7: The concierge sends your results to your email, and handles all the paperwork and communication required for The Ministry of Health in Jamaica to ensure travel authorization.
Day 5: You receive clearance from The Ministry of Health in Jamaica and are now authorized to enter Jamaica.
For Guests Returning to the United States
Health Alert – Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs (January 15, 2021)
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director has signed an order requiring all airline passengers traveling to the United States, including U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test or recovery from COVID-19. For guests returning to the U.S., we also offer a complimentary COVID-19 test prior to your departure to complete this country’s travel requirements. A doctor will visit the villa to administer such tests, with results available in a few hours.
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide either a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel or provide a positive test result and documentation from a licensed health care provider or public health official of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Passengers must also attest, under penalty of law, to having received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.
See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ’s.
Airlines must deny boarding to passengers who do not meet these requirements.
U.S. citizens in countries where adequate COVID-19 testing is not available or may not be able to satisfy the requirements, should depart immediately or prepare to be unable to return to the United States until such time as they can meet the requirements.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information updated information on COVID-19 related information including availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for their COVID FAQs Search Tool.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Enhanced Safety Protocols at Coconut Cottage
We have also implemented enhanced safety protocols at Coconut Cottage, including:
- Temperatures are taken of all guests upon entrance to the villa.
- Luggage is sanitized upon arrival to the villa and placed at the door of each suite.
- All staff wear masks and gloves while on the property and have their temperature taken upon arrival at the villa.
- Staff will maintain physical distance between themselves and guests whenever possible and will be washing their hands often throughout the day.
- All extra blankets and pillows will be stored in separate bags for your protection.
- All rooms will have hand sanitizer and liquid soap available.
- All cloth towels will be laundered each day.
- Magazines, books, and other paper materials are removed from suites, but are still available upon request.
- All service areas including eating areas, bathrooms, and kitchen will be cleaned several times throughout the day.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized throughout the day including telephones, remotes, light switches, and door knobs.
- Air conditioning vents are cleaned and sanitized after each guest’s stay.
- Drinks are set out on the bar, tray, or table, rather than being hand-delivered directly to our guests.
- All food items are washed prior to entering the kitchen area.
If you have any questions or concerns about what we’re doing to ensure the safety and health of our staff and guests, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide any additional information you may need.