We’re deeply committed to setting high safety standards for your trip to Coconut Cottage, facilitating your travel authorization to Jamaica, and ensuring a safe and pleasant stay with us in Montego Bay.
The Ministry of Health in Jamaica requires that anyone traveling from a designated hot spot take a COVID-19 test within 10 days of flying to the island. We are offering our guests a concierge service ($130/person), to help secure the timely COVID-19 testing required to enter Jamaica.
COVID-19 Concierge Service
As part of this concierge service, we are happy to take care of the mandatory travel authorization process for you and your guests to ensure a stress-free trip to Coconut Cottage. We use the following timeline to complete this service:
Day of Booking: We will reach out to you to collect information needed to arrange your COVID-19 test and authorize your travel.
Day 11: An oral self-swab COVID-19 test kit will be couriered overnight to you and your guests from Omnia Diagnostics, a state-of-the-art CLIA certified and CAP accredited lab in New Jersey.
Day 10: You and your guests complete a telehealth self-guided swab test and return the kit using the prepaid Fed Ex Express envelope that was delivered with your test kit.
Day 8: Omnia Diagnostics runs your lab work and sends results to our concierge.
Day 7: The concierge sends your results to your email, and handles all the paperwork and communication required for The Ministry of Health in Jamaica to ensure travel authorization.
Day 5: You receive clearance from The Ministry of Health in Jamaica and are now authorized to enter Jamaica.
Enhanced Safety Protocols at Coconut Cottage
We have also implemented enhanced safety protocols at Coconut Cottage, including:
- Temperatures are taken of all guests upon entrance to the villa.
- Luggage is sanitized upon arrival to the villa and placed at the door of each suite.
- All staff wear masks and gloves while on the property and have their temperature taken upon arrival at the villa.
- Staff will maintain physical distance between themselves and guests whenever possible and will be washing their hands often throughout the day.
- All extra blankets and pillows will be stored in separate bags for your protection.
- All rooms will have hand sanitizer and liquid soap available.
- All cloth towels will be laundered each day.
- Magazines, books, and other paper materials are removed from suites, but are still available upon request.
- All service areas including eating areas, bathrooms, and kitchen will be cleaned several times throughout the day.
- All high-touch surfaces are sanitized throughout the day including telephones, remotes, light switches, and door knobs.
- Air conditioning vents are cleaned and sanitized after each guest’s stay.
- Drinks are set out on the bar, tray, or table, rather than being hand-delivered directly to our guests.
- All food items are washed prior to entering the kitchen area.
If you have any questions or concerns about what we’re doing to ensure the safety and health of our staff and guests, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide any additional information you may need.