Our private villa is perfect for a family stay, and kids can enjoy many fun activities in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Coconut Cottage is a family-friendly destination. We welcome groups, families, and children of all ages. We’ve recently renovated our amenities with kids in mind, creating an environment the whole family can enjoy. Here are a few points to consider, plus our recommendations about what you can do as a family in and around Montego Bay.
Your Kids Can Let Loose
The beauty of having the whole space to yourself is that your kids can let loose and feel free to really enjoy themselves. You don’t have to worry about disturbing nearby guests as you might when staying at a big resort. Your kids won’t have to share any amenities with anyone else, and they’ll love the freedom to enjoy the villa on their own terms.
Coconut Cottage features plenty of indoor and outdoor space for the whole family or group to enjoy. We have spacious lounges and a big open-air veranda. There’s also the garden and spaces for alfresco dining and playing by the pool. Our guest rooms are also generously sized, and they are equipped with 43”-inch flatscreen TVs with cable.
Coconut Cottage Is Teeming With Kid-Friendly Amenities
Here’s some of the fun stuff children can use at Coconut Cottage:
- Four-foot deep, heated, kid-friendly private pool
- Tree swing
- Ping-Pong table
- Video game console
- Basketball hoop
- Pool floats and toys
- Board games
If you need help tending small children, we can connect you with a reputable nanny service. We can also provide you with a pack ‘n play, crib, or wagon. Just let us know.
Your Kids Will Love Our Food
Even without leaving the villa, your kids can get a taste of traditional Jamaican dishes lovingly prepared by our chef using local ingredients. Every day, Chef Leighton cooks up local specialties like ackee and saltfish (the national dish), callaloo, jerk chicken, and johnny cakes.
If traditional American favorites are more their style, no problem. Your kids can order scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast and grilled chicken or shrimp and pasta for lunch or dinner. If they are finicky or have special dietary needs, Chef Leighton will be happy to tailor the menu accordingly. And, with your approval, he will follow up with a variety of sumptuous desserts.
You’ll Have Access to More Family Perks at Round Hill
All our guests enjoy complimentary beach membership and access to the amenities at the Round Hill Resort, a 110-acre private enclave of luxury villas with seaside dining, an exquisite spa, a fitness center, a kids club, water sports, nightly parties, and much more. Round Hill is directly across Coconut Village.
We hope you take advantage of your free membership to explore the stunning beach, which features a natural coral reef. In addition to complimentary snorkeling, your family can rent kayaks or pedal boats, windsurf, water ski, go tubing or catamaran sailing, take a glass-bottom tour or a sportfishing trip, and scuba dive.
Round Hill also features daily programs for families and kids-only activities at the Pineapple Kids Club and 7-Up Club. (Daily fees may apply.) Dining options include kids’ menus and early sitting if necessary. After-hour nanny services are available at an additional charge.
Things to Do With Kids in Montego Bay, Jamaica
Montego Bay has plenty of kid-friendly activities. And remember, as a guest of Coconut Cottage, you have a 12-seat van and a driver available, so you can go on as many day trips in Montego Bay as you like.
- Hike, swim, or cliff-dive at the Blue Hole and Secret Falls near Ocho Rios.
- Visit the world-famous Dunn’s River Falls.
- Go horseback riding along the beach at sunset.
- Shop at the historic Old Fort Craft Park, housed in a 17-century artillery and featuring hundreds of vendors. This is the place to get a handcrafted souvenir and sample the wares of local artisans.
- Check out the Doctor’s Cave Beach. It’s beautiful, calm, and has an intriguing history.
- The Aquasol Theme Park at the Walter Fletcher Beach has a slew of kid-friendly activities and features, including volleyball, a water trampoline, a playground, jet skis, GoKart racing, and boats for rent.
- Tour the 18th-century Rose Hall Great House, situated on a 6,600-acre hillside estate. The grounds and the architecture are spectacular. Legend has it that the mansion is haunted, so this may not be for smaller children.
- Go bird-watching at the Rockland Bird Sanctuary. Jamaica is famous for an astonishing variety of bird species, and the sanctuary is a great place to spot ground doves, Jamaican mango hummingbirds, northern mockingbirds, shiny cowbirds, and more.
- For more aviculture, visit the Animal Farm and Nature Preserve in Montpelier Hills, a mere twenty minutes from Montego Bay. It’s a six-acre farm primarily dedicated to breeding about 70 varieties of birds. It also has a petting zoo and a butterfly garden.
Are your kids ready for an exciting Caribbean adventure? Book your stay with us and experience relaxation and fun designed with families in mind.